The Tamaqua Blue Raider Foundation is a not-for profit, 501(c)3 organization that was established in the Spring of 2010 to assist the Tamaqua Area School District in funding projects that are outside of the school districtís operational budget. Acting autonomously from the school district, the Foundation enlists individuals, businesses, corporations, and foundations in charitable resource raising activities to directly assist Tamaqua area students in achieving their maximum potential.
Our Board works directly with school administrators to identify educational projects, determine that they are of non-budgetary status, and proceeds to raise necessary funding.
The foundation is active on multiple fronts:
- We administer a teacher grant program that gives teachers at all of our district schools the opportunity to complement the educational experience in their classrooms.
- We have funded the purchase of I-pads for use in the Tamaqua Area High School library.
- We administer the Joseph M. Plasko Scholar-Athlete Fund that is annually awarded at the Tamaqua Area High School Student Achievement Dinner.
- We participate in the Educational Improvement Tax Credit program whereby corporations reduced their tax liability by making donations to foundation projects.
- We are coordinating the publishing of the Tamaqua Area School District Alumni Directory.
Located in the coal regions of Northeastern Pennsylvania, The Tamaqua Area School District is a comprehensive learning facility serving the needs of over 2,200 students in grades K-12. The faculty is committed to educational excellence and to providing our students with the knowledge, skills, and opportunities to compete in a global community.
The Tamaqua Blue Raider Foundation takes great pride in our school district and we are thrilled to seek out resources that provide opportunities for our students to experience success.